Kodeco Forums

Video Tutorial: Intermediate iOS Animation Part 4: Animation Groups

In this video tutorial you'll learn how to group animations together with CAAnimationGroup.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/3270-intermediate-ios-animation/lessons/5

hey Marin,

So today I was looking over at this table of key paths from Apple and so I decided I’d try to animate a shadow disappearing…

let shadow = CABasicAnimation(keyPath: "shadowOpacity")
    shadow.fromValue = 1.0
    shadow.toValue = 0.0

Nothing happened… then I tried putting this line of code into the didLayoutSubviews function:

loginButton.layer.shadowOpacity = 1.0

still nothing.

Was I looking in the right place for a list of the key paths? I noticed that in some cases you have something like “transform.scale” while in others you have “opacity”… how do I know not to put just “scale” there?

I really like the #selector idea for swift 2.2 and wish there’d be something exposed to the compiler like that here too… actually is there a way to have autocomplete for key paths? (hm i guess i could type loginButton. and see what comes…

hey - check out the spring animations video, there’s an example for animating a layer’s shadow in there (I think it was in the challenges)

1 Like

great suggestions! off i go :smile: