Upload "Checklist" to App Store

Hi all,

I have almost completed the Checklist project; is it possible then to bring it to the App Store?
Not all the code match 100% the iOS book, but the ground infrastructure is the same.
In the source code provided with the book I read that it is possible to use the code and even sell it.
Shall I put credits somewhere in the app?

Thanks,
Marco

Hi Marco - yep you can upload it to the App Store! But if you include any art, images, or deisgns from the book, you must include this attribution line somewhere in your app: “Artwork/images/designs: from iOS Apprentice book, available at www.raywenderlich.com”

For more details, see the full license found in the beginning of the book:

• You are allowed to use and/or modify the source code in iOS Apprentice in as many
    apps as you want, with no attribution required.
  • You are allowed to use and/or modify all art, images and designs that are included in
    iOS Apprentice in as many apps as you want, but must include this attribution line
    somewhere inside your app: “Artwork/images/designs: from iOS Apprentice book,
    available at www.raywenderlich.com”.
  • The source code included in iOS Apprentice is for your personal use only. You are NOT
    allowed to distribute or sell the source code in iOS Apprentice without prior
    authorization.
  • This book is for your personal use only. You are NOT allowed to sell this book
    without prior authorization, or distribute it to friends, coworkers or students; they
    would need to purchase their own copies.

Fair warning - Apple is becoming more strict these days about only allowing apps that have “sufficient functionality” (as determined by Apple) into the App Store. So there’s a chance they might reject it and ask for more features, as this is a very simple app.

No I will not include any images or something similar.
But let’s say that I will use the “checklists” app as basis to develop a new app like a “receipts book” with images, maybe videos and so on.

Let’s see.

Thanks
Marco

If you don’t use any images, etc. then you can still use the code, but attribution is not required (but of course always appreciated.) :]