StoreSearch: can't place segmented control in navigationbar

I’m on p116 in the v4.1 tutorial in which we place a NavigationBar into the view controller and then are told to put a segmented control onto the navigation bar - on the title.

I can’t seem to do this. It always gets placed into the view or the tableview. If I try to drag within the outline, I can move it above or below the navbar, but it won’t let me place it IN the navbar even if I open the disclose triangle for the navbar first.

I just tried it and it works fine for me with Xcode 7.3.1. What version of Xcode are you using?

It may help to quit and restart Xcode.

I had to move the Navigation Bar to after the Table View in the outline. Otherwise the Navigation Bar is underneath I suppose, since the Table View occupies the entire size of the parent View. This allowed me to drag the control onto the Navigation Bar.

Duh.

It still doesn’t seem possible to drag a control “into” another control using the outline view, however (at least not a segmented control into a navigation bar). I sometimes rely on the outline view when interacting with the storyboard layout is cumbersome.