Sks not animating

Hi,

I’m trying to to the tutorial on children book:

https://www.raywenderlich.com/767-spritekit-tutorial-create-an-interactive-children-s-book-with-spritekit-and-swift-3

but it is not animating. What might I redoing wrong? Is it because it is swift 3? Is there an updated version? What book does it pertain to? Can I purchase an updated version?

Thanks in advance

@caroline Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

@zwolf - have you compared your project with the final downloadable one which does animate correctly?

I just checked that the final project does run in Xcode 10, even though it’s using Swift 3. Just ignore all the warnings.

The SpriteKit book referred to at the end of the article unfortunately has been deprecated.

Hi Caroline,

Thank you for getting back to me. Last night I tried to build the game from scratch (new project) and copied the codes for the classes from your project that I downloaded - which didn’t work. Today I just use your project and the animation works, so far. I shall continue. Usually I try to do problem solve myself and only ask as very last resort. I code after work till late and last night I wasn’t thinking straight anymore and hence the email even though I haven’t exhausted all my options. my apologies. Thank you for sharing this lesson by the way. Very much appreciated.

Best

z

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.