Set-up advice for Android Studio

Hi, hoping someone can help.

I’m using Android Studio to work through the tutorials. When I type in the code I get this overlay popping up (see image).
I’m sure it is helpful but the pop-up is so big that it covers most of the code.

I’ve searched through the preferences, so far I’ve not been able to find the option to deselect it.

Can someone tell me how to switch it off?

Screenshot 2021-10-22 at 07.43.59

I use Android Studio and don’t see this happening. Please share the following information:

Operating System
Android Studio version
The steps to reproduce this behavior

Thanks!
Stef

Hi Stef, thank for your response. Here are the details…
macOS Big Sur 11.6
Android Studio Arctic Fox | 2020.3.1 Patch 3
Build #AI-203.7717.56.2031.7784292, built on October 1, 2021

As you type out the code, in this case I was typing - theme: theme.copyWith(

at the point of pressing return, after the ( , the overlay pops up, in this case half of the screen is covered.

I’m guessing this is some suggestion to help complete the code. It would be nice to know how to turn it off though.

Once again, thanks.

I’m on Windows not Mac nor do I know anything about GIThub and commits so I can’t help a lot. But I see 3 weird things in your screenshot that might give someone else a clue …
(1) At the top left of the screen, it says Commit to Master.
(2) On the left, it does not say you’re in the project. It says you’re in commit.
(3) At the bottom left of the screen, it says starter project - currencyX.

I’d love to know where your cursor is

Hi Jeff, its not actually about Github, the problem is with the overlay… i think its some help tip function in Android Studio.
I’ve been looking through the preferences and just can’t seem to find the option. It’s mostly helpful, but in this case it was a hinderance.

The Github was just the window i had showing on the left of the screen at that time, mostly its the project window showing.