I’m Adarsh, an Indie dev, I’ve been working for more than three months on my first iOS app, finally I’ve launched it on App Store . My app is called Remote for VLC (aka VLC Mobile Remote), it’s an app to control VLC Media Player on Windows, OS X or Linux. Please give it a try, if possible share your feedback with me
App Store link - Remote for VLC - PC & Mac
Visit vlcmobileremote.com for more info
Why our app stands out from other competitors -
- All the VLC Remote controller apps’ UI on App store is outdated and very difficult to use because, those apps are designed for older version of iOS and they haven’t updated or optimised to latest version of iOS from years.
- Our competitors app’s are very difficult to setup and connect VLC due to lack information about how to setup and use the app
- Also users have to pay to use the very basic features (such as playing file) on those apps.
- And these apps require additional app on users computers to just to setup the VLC.
On the other hand our app Remote for VLC developed keeping ease of use in mind and follows the Apple’s Human Interface design guidelines. It’s very easy to setup and connect to VLC using built-in Setup Wizard tutorial without requiring any additional apps on users’ computer. Also you do not have to pay for basic features, however if you like to support app development, buy an In-App purchase for small amount which allows you access additional features.
1 With this VLC Remote App, You don’t need to install any software on your PC or Mac!
2 A built in step by step tutorial called ‘Setup Wizard’ on the app makes it super easy for you to setup VLC Media Player in no time.
3 ‘Setup Wizard’ on this VLC Remote App automatically detects and connects to VLC Media Player
4 Fast & responsive as home TV Remote
5 Stop, Play and Pause
6 Control volume, next track and previous track
7 Seek control, fast forward and fast rewind
8 Toggle full-screen, Repeat, Shuffle, Loop, Aspect Ratio
9 DVD Controls
10 Use this app as a PC remote or Mac remote to access all your media files (Free).
11 Manage playlist of VLC Media Player
12 Add subtitle files to currently playing video (supports .srt files only and requires VLC v2.2.0 or up).
13 Save more than one favourite folders to easily access your Movies, TV series folders
14 Save multiple host/computer addresses
15 Search Browse & play lists
16 Manage Subtitle, Audio Track
17 Set a folder as ‘Home location’
18 Take screenshot or snap of video frame
19 Switch Audio output devices
20 Manage playback speed, crop & Aspect ratio of video frame
- New UI for iPads
- Ability to play Youtube videos on VLC
- Apple watch support
- Soft pause and soft resume feature (Automatically Pause and Resume VLC on incoming/outgoing call)
- Ability to control VLC Volume from iOS device volume keys
- Continues update for upcoming iOS versions
- If any users suggested a feature and it’s implementable, I’ll definitely implement it
Some more info - On Android, our App VLC Mobile Remote is #1 remote application for VLC because of it’s ease of use, good customer support and continues updates with new features. We’re going to do the same on iOS version of the app too.