Realm Tutorial: Getting Started | raywenderlich.com

In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to use the Realm cross-platform mobile database solution by building an app that keeps track of wild animals.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/9220-realm-tutorial-getting-started

Robert from Realm here.
Thanks for keeping the Realm tutorials updated, much appreciated.

One note: we have a newer development tool that replaces ‘Realm Browser’ (which was native OSX).
It’s cross platform, called ‘Realm Studio’ and available here: Realm Studio - Realm Sync (LEGACY)
We would encourage the use of that, since it is getting regular updates.

Hi, I was wondering what Xcode theme are you using in the code snippets. I can’t seem to find it in the preferences.

@airjordan12345 Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

Hi Robert,

Thank you for the heads up :slight_smile:

I’ll add a reminder so we can add a note to the updated tool. Thanks to you and the Realm team and happy 2019!

Hi!

Pardon the delayed response, I was on vacation :slight_smile:

To be honest I’m not sure what theme is used or whether it matches anything in Xcode. I personally use the “Civic” theme as it’s a dark background on light text. It’s slightly similar to the one used in the tutorial so hopefully it helps.

Thanks for reading and asking questions! Have a great week.

I have an "Abend’ when I ask to sort by date added
 any tip please ? thanks

@airjordan12345 Do you have any feedback about this? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

Hi, and apologies for the delay in my response.

I’m not sure what could be causing the issue without knowing more about the code, the error it is throwing, and such.

If this is following along the tutorial steps, you can cross-reference the sample project, but if this is code you’re writing and playing with, it’s a bit difficult knowing what is the culprit with no details :slight_smile:

Let us know if you still have some problems with sorting by date! :smiley:

This tutorial is more than six months old so questions are no longer supported at the moment for it. Thank you!