Question regarding chapter 4.2

I am concentrating on Swift and SwiftUI and am not familiar with UIKit related mechanisms. I went to the library and dragged the Hosting View Controller object onto the storyboard, but no visible object appeared there. Where exactly is the “navigation bar” that is referred to below:
“Double-click in the hosting controller’s navigation bar and set its title to RGBullsEye.”

Big Sur 11.2.3 and Xcode 12.4

Hi @chinggis, thank you for your question. In the storyboard you can navigate to the inspector on the right. Once the navigation bar is selected you can see navigation item and you should be able to type in the title.
Screen Shot 2021-03-22 at 12.10.38 PM

Best,
Gina

2 Likes

hi Tom, are you looking at the 2nd edition? The 3rd edition is out, and this chapter isn’t in it anymore. Chapter 19 Complex Interfaces includes UIKit integration.

Oops! I have been reading the 2nd edition. I am switching to the 3rd ed now. Thanks for setting me the correct path, Audrey. I am puzzled however as to why the 2nd edition has not been tucked away in an out-of-date archive rather than being prominently featured.
Tom