Playground does not execute on first chapter

I am having the same issues. Spent $54 on the book and so far chapters 1 and 2 have been totally useless as i’ve spent all my time trying to get the playgrounds to work to no avail. Haven’t actually been able to learn any RxSwift unfortunately. I’ve been a huge RW advocate but this is a terrible experience and so far a waste of money. My only options seems to skip to chapter 4 where it begins “By this point in the book, you understand how observables and different types of subjects work…” but actually I barely understand much at all as I’ve only been able to read the examples and not have any hands on practice whatsoever. This RxSwift book is a huge disappointment.

2 Likes

Keep calm bro. You can try change your Podfile like below and run pod install again.

platform :ios, '11.0'

target 'RxSwiftPlayground' do
  use_frameworks!

# Pods for RxSwiftPlayground
  pod 'RxSwift', '~> 4.0'
end

post_install do |installer|

installer.pods_project.build_configurations.each do |config|
        config.build_settings.delete('CODE_SIGNING_ALLOWED')
        config.build_settings.delete('CODE_SIGNING_REQUIRED')
    end

installer.pods_project.targets.each do |target|
        target.build_configurations.each do |config|
            config.build_settings['CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR'] = '$PODS_CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR'
        end
    end
end

This worked for me, using Xcode 9.4.1 and Swift 4.1.3

I also uninstalled cocoapods v1.5

I’ve got this problem again using Xcode 10 and Swift 4.2

The solution was:

Go to Manage Schemes .
and check shared of RxSwift scheme.
Then build RxSwift scheme with target simulator(not device).
Finally, open playground.(keep select target simulator on build).

I’ve found it in No such module 'RxSwift' · Issue #51 · asmallteapot/cocoapods-playgrounds · GitHub

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.