Not able to download the pdf file from loot page

Hi,
I apologize if this is not the correct place to ask this question. I just bought 2 books, iOS Animation and iOS 9 but I could not download it from the loot page. The error says “Safari cannot download this file”. Also where could I download the projects for iOS Animation?

Thanks
Hoay

Hi @hmyap74,

I sent you an email response on Monday. Is everything working OK for you now? If you still aren’t able to download the books and need any further assistance, please let me know. :]

Cheers,
Christine

I am not able to download from loot-page to my iPad, shouldnt that be possible?

Regards,

/Mats

I’m having the same problem… It there a solution to this?

Troy

Someone from RW monitoring the forums?! Feels bad to buy 2 pdf’s for usd 100 (inc tax) and not being able to download them, kind of annoying…

/Mats

It’s a holiday weekend, but I’ll pass the question along.

It was actually a zip file not pdf. The pdf was in the zip file. I was able to transfer the pdf to my phone later. Thanks.

@hmyap74, I’m glad to hear you were able to get the PDF dowloaded and transferred to your phone. :]

@kaspel and @nobody The file to download is a large zipped file that includes the PDF, but also all the source code files organized by chapter. The zipped file needs to be downloaded to on your Mac and unzipped there. Then the PDF file can be transferred to your phone, iPad, or other device.

There are third party apps that allow you to unzip files on your iPad/iPhone, but we recommend just using your Mac to download and unzip the file instead.

Recently purchased the Core Data by Tutorials and it is not in the “my loot” section. I got scammed!
@csweigart

@jettraines Sorry to hear this! This is definitely not a scam, just a problem with the processing of your order. I have no idea how this happened, but your order was not properly linked to your raywenderlich.com user account. I have asked one of our site devs to look into the issue to see what went wrong. In the mean time, to provide you with access to the product I have gone ahead and linked it directly to your loot page.

To access your loot, log in to www.raywenderlich.com and then go to your account page:

https://www.raywenderlich.com/u/jettraines

You’ll then see Core Data by Tutorials and be able to click on the download link. Let me know if you run into any problems so that I can assist.

Sorry for the delay in getting the book and the inconvenience this has been for you!

Thank you very much! My comment was intended to be more lighthearted than it appeared! Thank you for helping me and I now the “my loot” page is updated.

Cheers,
Jett

Great! I’m glad to hear all is well. :]