Interactive UIViewPropertyAnimator + UIView.transitions

Hi,

There is an example in the book (Chapter 21, Built-in view transitions), on which a UIView.transition(with call is used inside a UIViewPropertyAnimator instance, but this doesn’t seem to work when trying to drive the interaction manually, the transition is executed immediately and doesn’t follow the fractionComplete of the animator.

What i want to achieve is to crossDissolve between two UIImage values in a UIImageView.

Something like:

I created an Xcode playground showing how i try to achieve this Dropbox - File Deleted

@fespinozacast Thanks very much for your question!

Here is my own personal source code from a test project I built myself not long ago that demonstrates how to use this feature:

import UIKit

class ViewController: UIViewController {

@IBOutlet weak var imageView: UIImageView!
let imageArray: [UIImage] = [#imageLiteral(resourceName: "kitten"), #imageLiteral(resourceName: "cat4"), #imageLiteral(resourceName: "cat5"), #imageLiteral(resourceName: "dog4"), #imageLiteral(resourceName: "dog5")]
var screenTimer = Timer()
var imageIndex: Int = 0

override func viewDidLoad() {
    super.viewDidLoad()
    // Do any additional setup after loading the view, typically from a nib.
    self.imageView.image = UIImage(named: "cat4.png")

}

override func viewDidAppear(_ animated: Bool) {
    screenTimer = Timer.scheduledTimer(timeInterval: 2.5, target: self, selector: #selector(imageTransition), userInfo: nil, repeats: true)
    imageTransition()
}

@objc func imageTransition() {

if imageIndex == imageArray.count - 1 {
        imageIndex = 0
    }

imageIndex += 1
    //let toImage = UIImage(named: "cat5.png")
    let toImage = imageArray[imageIndex]

UIView.transition(with: self.imageView,
                      duration:0.75,
                      options: .transitionCrossDissolve,
                      animations: { self.imageView.image = toImage },
                      completion: nil)
}

}

I hope this helps!

All the best.

thanks for your reponse @syedfa, but it’s not quite what i was wondering

I can do the transition with the effect i show, but the main problem is how to manually drive the transition, in this case with UIViewPropertyAnimator or something equivalent

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.