Kodeco Forums

In App Purchases Tutorial: Consumables

Consumables are one-shot items, such as ammo, or stickers. Find out how to add support for them in your app in this In App Purchases tutorial on consumables.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/1145-in-app-purchases-tutorial-consumables

So you implement consumables with user defaults?
Isn’t it dangerous if the user delete your app, the defaults can parish as well…
I thought you need to keep track of the consumable state, could be on your server or in cloud kit, I heard that keychain access can fulfill this too.

1 Like

Note: This tutorial (and the previous) are focused on the “simplest and easiest” way to do things, not the most “robust and flexible” way of doing things. For more in-depth coverage, check out In-App Purchase Video Tutorial Series.

can you make those words above, “(and the previous)” be a link to whatever tutorial you’re referring to? I’d love to see it.

NSUserDefaults was just the simplest way to keep track of the consumables purchase. I would not recommend using this as it isn’t the most secure way of store this type of information.

This tutorial is more than six months old so questions are no longer supported at the moment for it. We will update it as soon as possible. Thank you! :]