Import Standard Assets - Unity Hub & Unity 2018.2

Hi, I’m currently in the first chapter of the FPS game, and it is asked to import the Characters package from the Standard Assets, but I can’t see it. Using Unity Hub, I can’t see any option to add the Standard Assets to Unity. My second option is to download it from the Asset Store, but I don’t know which files I need to import to the project. Could you help me please ?

@ericlm Please let me know which chapter are you talking about exactly when you get a chance. Thank you!

This is the Chapter 9, where we have to add the Player to the scene.

@anthonyuccello Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

@ericlm Unity Hub does not gives the option to download that package, that’s for managing Unity versions. There is a Unity Installer which lets you pick packages to download when you install Unity. However, I think you will be just fine grabbing it from the Asset Store and for the purposes of going through the tutorial you can just import the whole package. Let me know if that works out for you.

Thanks @anthonyuccello ! Do you think I can safely remove everything in the Sandard Assets but the FirstPersonCharacter folder ?

@anthonyuccello Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.