iJishonario: App for study japanese

Hi guys,

one month ago I’ve update one my app. it’s calling iJishonario - Dizionario di Kanji. It’s a dictionary of kanji (japanese ideograms) for italian people who want study the japanese language. Actually contains only info about 120 ideograms with reading, radicals, explanation and word of example. but contains also 300 phrases in 20 category, useful to say something in all situation, and table useful to memorize some kanji connected between them.

Now i’m working to add other kanji and new feature, like animated stroke of a kanji.

what do you think about it?

I have no skills in Italian language so can’t judge the content of the app, but the Asian-style display looks nice :slight_smile:
I’ll suggest you to try to translate it into English language, so you can gain an instant boost in visibility.

I’m surprised the App Store verification team let you upload screenshots with the banner “You’re connected to iAd” visible, I remembered a time where they were not as indulgent with the “Test advertisement” banner ^^

Thank you very much for your comment. If I say the true I would like to make it multi language, of course with English language, but unfotunally there isn’t an true dictionary Japanese<->Italian and for this reason I wanted to start with this language.

I’m surprised the App Store verification team let you upload screenshots with the banner “You’re connected to iAd” visible, I remembered a time where they were not as indulgent with the “Test advertisement” banner ^^

This I didn’t know. Thank you for this warning. soon I’m going to do an update and change the screenshot.

Thank you

I like the look of your app! Are you using SVG kanji images - and do you do animated drawing of them?

I would like to do it but transform an SVG file into Paths and animate path it very hard. I’m trying to use SVGKit framework but the documentation is old, not updated and don’t very useful to do concrete something. In fact in github’s page there are 2 issue in which one guy saying the same thing and maybe, if in sites like this there isn’t at last one tutorial, maybe it is because the documentation is few and to understand the framework you need read hundred line of code.

However I’m following this issue and I have done something but not what I need. I’ve open an thread on this forum about the chain of animation of different layer. I hope to find the solution.