I found an error in the Chpater 4

When I ran both starter and final code of the chapter 4, I found the error like this :
error: Execution was interrupted, reason: EXC_BREAKPOINT (code=1, subcode=0x1a6eff1b0).
The process has been left at the point where it was interrupted, use “thread return -x” to return to the state before expression evaluation.

I need a help

Could you please let us know what your hardware is and also the version of macOS and Xcode you are using?

Have you tried running it on a different device?

My laptop is MacBook Air M1 and my os is Monterey 12.3.1.
I think that my version of Xcode will be recent because I downloaded it recently.
Please let me know if you need any information more.

hi @kisum_kim can you please run the code in the iOS simulator and let us know if you get that same error? I was able to run the code without that error. in the meantime, we are working on fixing that macOS error in the next few days.

Thank you for your reply.
As I mentioned, what I ran is the file I downloaded from the GitHub.
Therefore, I think that my problem would not be related to whether I use iOS or macOSs.

@kisum_kim yes, that is what I meant. I also ran the projects hosted on Github and it fails on macOS but it runs fine when you choose the iOS simulator as target in Xcode. does that help?

@kisum_kim - I hope you were able to run the projects using the iOS target.

I’m having a bit of trouble trying to reproduce the macOS error, as the projects work on both my computers, even on brand new accounts.

These are zip files that work on my computer, and also @mhorga tried them and they work for him too.

starter.zip (29.1 KB)
final.zip (32.5 KB)

I hope they will work for you. Otherwise, I’m at a loss.

Thank you for you reply.
This will be very helpful my study.