Kodeco Forums

How to Save and Load a Game in Unity

Games are getting longer and longer, with some having over 100 hours of content. It would be impossible to expect players be able to complete all of what a game has to offer in just one sitting. That’s why letting the player save their game is one of the most essential features your game should […]

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/418-how-to-save-and-load-a-game-in-unity

Note: currently saving through BinaryFormatter on Android is broken in Unity (2017.1) if you choose any stripping level different from Disabled - Unity Issue Tracker - [Android] An app crashes when BinaryFormatter is serialized and Stripping Level is enabled It took me few hours as I thought problem is in my game.

Toggle is not working in starter project. It does not affect music even after “New game”. I did not find any references to initially disabled AudioSource on Game instance, so I had to manually link Toggle.OnValueChanged to Game.AudioSource.enabled in inspector .

This tutorial is more than six months old so questions are no longer supported at the moment for it. Thank you!