Expiring Signing Certificate

I write iOS apps for myself. I didn’t pay the $99 developer fee. I use Xcode to automatically manage my signing certificate. I need to take the app I’m developing and take it out into the field. Once a week, the certificate expires and I have to recompile. But the certificate doesn’t expire at midnight, it expires at whatever time Xcode previously renewed. But that might be right when I’m out in the field and launch the app - which aborts as soon as it launches.

I’m looking for a way to find out exactly what time of day the certificate will expire (rather than EXPIRES TODAY) and / or to refresh the certificate before it expires at my convenience.

TIA

@u3qu3oxyvflx Thanks very much for your question, and my apologies for the delayed response.

I unfortunately wouldn’t know what time exactly your certificate would expire. That is something you’d have to contact Apple about directly, or assume that it will occur right at midnight your local time.

I hope this helps!

All the best!

Thanks. Actually I found out exactly when. It’s in Xcode itself. In the file list if you select the app file and highlight the right most icon in that panel, it will display all of the results of various compiles and it includes the exact minute that the certificate Will expire.

@u3qu3oxyvflx Thanks very much for sharing, and I’m happy you were able to figure out your solution!

All the best!