Deploying to Vapor Cloud

Have been following the TILapp tutorial in Vapor Book. Unable to create project . Am getting the following error.

Would you like to create a project now?

y/n y

project: TIL

Creating project ‘TIL’ [Failed]

Error: Cloud A P I Error: Could not connect to the remote API: Transport Layer Security Error: The TLS/SSL connection has been closed.

Identifier: TLS.TLSError.SSL_read (0)

Identifier: CloudClients.CloudAPIError.connect

Here are some possible causes:

• The URL used is invalid

• The remote API is currently not available

Any ideas about what is going wrong?

1 Like

You can try again, if it still fails, this error is usually caused by e.g. Call through Proxy, VPN or similar.

same issue, I found my provider put me under NAT :]

Is your Project still running in Xcode when you try to deploy to Vapor Cloud? Stopping it in Xcode solved it for me …

7 Likes

@ryancallery did you fix it? I am getting the error as well.

@0xtim Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

I have not fixed this yet.

@ryancallery are you getting the TLS error when trying to deploy? Are you running behind a corporate VPN or anything like that?

@ryancallery @0xtim i noticed my github repository was private so I made it public and I was able to deploy it to vapor cloud!

1 Like

I cannot get this to work either. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! I Have purchased a book from Ray Wenderlich on this and this is the first issue I have run into.

@rileander what is the full error you’re getting?

Creating project ‘TIL’ [Failed]

Error: Cloud A P I Error: Could not connect to the remote API: Transport Layer Security Error: The TLS/SSL connection has been closed.

Identifier: TLS.TLSError.SSL_read (0)

Identifier: CloudClients.CloudAPIError.connect

Here are some possible causes:

• The URL used is invalid

• The remote API is currently not available

I can screen share with you on Skype or something. Are there any parameters I need to set? I went and made sure my GitHub login info was correct.

I have previously set app transport security settings to allow arbitrary loads in other projects within the info.plist file but this doesn’t seem to have one of those. Any response is helpful! Ive followed the book to a T!

ATS won’t affect the toolbox unfortunately. Are you connecting via a VPN? If not, which country are you connecting from? IIRC Vapor Cloud (which runs on AWS) is blocked in Russia. @jonasschwartz can help advise as well

Yeah usually this is caused by either being in a country like Russia, or connecting through a VPN, Proxy or similar, and is a limitation in the clients package from Vapor 2… There aren’t a good advice for a workaround unfortunately (Aside from trying to disable if you are connecting through something), aside from playing around with Cloud 2 instead, which which have all the features in the webinterface, so it shouldn’t be a problem.

So the first step to do this would be installing vapor 2 instead of three? By the way I’m accessing from America and im not sure if im behind a proxy or not… How would I go about checking this one?

No it’s the toolbox that is using Vapor 2, which causes the problem unfortunately that is used to contact the Vapor Cloud API :confused:

Would it be too much trouble to ask you for the command lines to do this?

You can find the docs for Cloud 2 here.

Corporate connections are most likely proxied, so perhaps try a different one if you can?