Convert an iOS6 to iOS9 project

Hi All,

We have a project that is in objective c written for iOS6 and we need to convert it to iOS9. We can compile it and fix all the issues and take it from 32-bit to 64-bit as the project is 32-bit as well.

However I am confused about the job files do they all need to be converted to storyboards or can we leave them as they are ?

I was told that we need to convert them to use storyboards however this app has a lot of screens.

Thanks for your advice on this.

Thanks
Kal.

What do you mean by the “job files”? Did you mean nib files?

You can still use nibs.

It’s not better to remake all project?

I know this don’t answer at your question, but update code written in io6 to ios9 without remake project you could find many bug while write code and with update of iOS system. But if you remake all project you can not only update the project but use new feature that increase the performance of your app.

i’ve written my first app (iJishonario - Dizionario di Kanji Lite) with iOS 4 and until my last update took place about two months ago, was working. but in this years I’ve taken more experience and not only I’ve update my app but It’s better about more aspect (design, graphic, data and so on)

so, if I can give you an suggestion, remake all project. it takes less time.

Hi All,

Thanks for the comments. We are going to recreate the projects from scratch.

Thanks
Kal.