Chapter 2 - Challenge Rotating the mushroom

Hia👋

Awesome tutorials btw.
I was attempting the challenge for chapter 2 and managed to reposition the mushroom just about using Euler values from the SceneKit node inspector (I didn’t do the blender mushroom tutorial, as I thought it would be a bit out of date since it was in the archive section, so I imported it as the .obj as suggested)

I was jumping for joy when I finally got the blasted thing right (well just about) and wanted compare with your challenge solution and for the life of me, I don’t get quite how you did without modifying any values for position and Euler.

Did I go wrong somewhere? Is there an easy way to modify the mushroom wireframe?

I may have cheated by editing in Blender!

I imported both the resources mushroom and the challenge mushroom into Blender to compare them. This was the result:

43%20am

The one on the left is from the challenge playground and the one on the right from resources.

I would have scaled and rotated in Blender and then exported the obj.

The archived tutorial, btw, should be fine - I did go through it when writing this chapter, using, I think, v2.77, and Blender hasn’t changed that much through 2.79. But the new Blender 2.8 will be very different.

I’m glad you’re enjoying the book :slight_smile:

Happy New Year! Thanks for the reply.

Oh dammit, I knew me not learning about Blender would bite me in the arse one day, I’ve been meaning to take a look at the tutorials. Guess there is no time like the present.

Yeah I’m really enjoying it, very challenging, I have to let some of the content stir in my mind a few days before I actually know what’s going on but it comes eventually.

1 Like