Chapter 12 didSet within DiscoBallNode doesn't seem to work

From what I can tell, the else statement within the didSet observer for isDiscoTime should pause the video and remove any actions within that node. I would like to know if this actually works properly for anyone else. When I tap the disco ball, the A/V begins, but other touches on the disco ball seem to be disabled until the video runAction completes. I couldn’t get this observer to work in my code or the completed code included in chapter 12.

Any thoughts?

UPDATE: So, I found the problem. The interact function only sets isDiscoTime to true, therefore the else statement inside the didSet operation is never called. Once I add the ability to set isDiscoTime to false in the interact function, I am able to toggle the video on and off, BUT I get an overlap in the audio if I manually change the isDiscoTime because the video action completion handler still runs. So, my question is:

How do I force the video runAction to complete immediately on change, instead of carrying out the completion handler? (Because I still want the 5 sec completion handler if I choose not to manually toggle back to non disco mode. I know removeAllActions( ) may not revert some previous changes, and this is the case here. )

Here’s what I have:

private var isDiscoTime: Bool = false {
    didSet {
        video.hidden = !isDiscoTime

if isDiscoTime {
            video.play()
            runAction(spinAction)
            video.runAction(SKAction.waitForDuration(5.0), completion: {self.isDiscoTime = false})
            SKTAudio.sharedInstance().playBackgroundMusic("disco-sound.m4a")
        } else {
            video.pause()
            SKTAudio.sharedInstance().playBackgroundMusic("backgroundMusic.mp3")
            removeAllActions()
        }
    }
}

UPDATE: Well, apparently all I had to do was add “video.removeAllActions( )” in the else statement. Sorry for all the updates, but I thought this might be helpful to others who wanted to try this alternative. Not really sure why removeAllActions( ) by itself wasn’t sufficient, but here’s the finished code for any of you who would like to try the alternative (Note: you have to keep removeAllActions( ) as well, or the disco ball will spin continuously):

private var isDiscoTime: Bool = false {
    didSet {
        video.hidden = !isDiscoTime

if isDiscoTime {
            video.play()
            runAction(spinAction)
            video.runAction(SKAction.waitForDuration(5.0), completion: {self.isDiscoTime = false})
            SKTAudio.sharedInstance().playBackgroundMusic("disco-sound.m4a")
        } else {
            video.pause()
            SKTAudio.sharedInstance().playBackgroundMusic("backgroundMusic.mp3")
            video.removeAllActions()
            removeAllActions()
        }

}
}

func interact() {

if !isDiscoTime {
        isDiscoTime = true
    } else {
        isDiscoTime = false
    }

}