Ch. 18: Creating a test class

Not sure if this another issue in a newer version of Xcode than the book’s author was using, but… XCTAssertEqual doesn’t appear to work in a playground in Xcode 12.4. Can the author confirm whether Apple broke this, or it’s an issue on my end? I can run a test that doesn’t do anything, but XCTAssertEqual creates an error " error: Couldn’t lookup symbols: XCTest.XCTAssertEqual(_: @autoclosure () throws → A, _: @autoclosure () throws → A, _: @autoclosure () → Swift.String, file: Swift.StaticString, line: Swift.UInt) → ()"

and a bunch of lines like that.

2 Likes

Same problem here…

1 Like

The only solution I found out was to copy and paste my code in their solution and make a copy… I don’t know why but their code works, even though is the exactly same thing.

This chapter is a mess, you spend more time try to fix errors than learning.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, it’s good to know it wasn’t just me. I lost most of a day assuming my chapter 18 problems were my fault.

1 Like

Yup, same problem.
Xcode 12.5.1
This chapter is very sloppy with lots of typos and unclear instructions that leave you in a bad state.
Pretty disappointed in RW at this point.
Playgrounds Suck!

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.