Ch.17 I can't find the "Checklists.plist"

I believe I’ve done everything right, but I keep getting this in the Xcode’s Console:
2018-09-07 23:27:00.101710-0400 Checklists[21935:1419538] [MC] System group container for systemgroup.com.apple.configurationprofiles path is /Users/justnerd/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/E67C5670-75C3-4378-A9E0-AB5E7D0485AB/data/Containers/Shared/SystemGroup/systemgroup.com.apple.configurationprofiles

2018-09-07 23:27:00.102215-0400 Checklists[21935:1419538] [MC] Reading from private effective user settings.

2018-09-07 23:27:00.744619-0400 Checklists[21935:1419538] [Common] _BSMachError: port 9403; (os/kern) invalid capability (0x14) “Unable to insert COPY_SEND”

I need your help badddd :frowning:

The messages you’ve provided don’t seem to be app error messages - they seem more like standard output from Xcode. So if you are not seeing an issue with the app, except for those, then I’m afraid that those don’t provide any useful information.

Your post title says “Can’t find the Checklists.plist”. Where do you see that message? And have you checked to see if you do indeed have a Checklists.plist file? Is it possible that you accidentally deleted it or moved it?

A screenshot with the actual issue you’re seeing or a ZIP file of your project might help somebody to help you better.

Sorry I wasn’t more specific, but I’m trying to find the “Checklists.plist” in Documents, every time I search for it on my computer nothing pops up. I tried to use the data in the Xcode’s Console, to search for it but nothing comes up. I don’t get an error, I just want to know where my items are being stored.

Did you follow the instructions in the book for finding the Documents folder in your app? The instructions are there and they tell you how to log the Documents folder to your console. Do note that this is not the same Documents folder as the one where you save your documents on the Mac. So searching the regular Documents folder will not get you the file :slight_smile:

As the book explains, iOS apps run in their own separate sandbox - each app has its own Documents folder under its own separate file structure. Chapter 15 tells you how to find this Documents folder for your particular app.

1 Like

Yes I followed the instructions, I even found the location of the Document folder by copying the file in Xcode’s console, like it tell’s you to do in Ch. 15. But when I try to copy the file again its gives me that file at the top ^^^^^ in the Xcode’s console. I have no idea why it will not show me the files location in Ch.17, like it did in Ch. 15. I’m back pedaling now to make sure that I did everything right.

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.