Bookmark and note icons missing

Do not see the icons on the reader. Want to bookmark paragraphs and take notes.

I also could not find my previous bookmarks in the PDF’s I had.

Hi @jmcelhatton, you can create notes by highlighting words. You can then view those notes by tapping the notepad icon on the top right. However, I’m not sure there is a feature to bookmark a specific page. Hope this helps and welcome to the forum community.

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 7.34.59 PM Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 7.35.16 PM

Hello @billcod, in regards to the pdf how are you able to view it? For example, I have a PDF file that I open with the Preview app and I’m able to add a bookmark that saves it once I quit Preview. The issue could potentially be the application you are using to read the PDF and not the file. I’ll try my best to help out.

Best,
Gina

Gina,

Thanks for the reply. I have always used the Apple Books App on my iPad while using my MacBook for XCode. With the new format, my old iPad RW Book files were gone, but were on my Mac. So, I could sync a copy to the iPad. But no bookmarks.

I did figure out where I left off, but could not figure out how to make new bookmarks.

Thanks again.

Bill Crawford

Billcodus@gmail.com

Thanks for the response @billcod. I’m thinking the bookmarks might have more to do with the iPad and the Apple Books app. Maybe there was some software update or like you mentioned the new format that made the bookmarks go away? Or maybe it there was a bug with synchronizing between your iPad and Mac? I’m may not be the best person to resolve this issue unfortunately and I apologize for that. Hopefully if someone reads this they might be able to offer a solution and or better explanation for the occurrence.

Best,
Gina

Thanks, Gina. After I setup my M1 Mac Mini a few weeks ago, all of my iCloud files were downloaded to the Mini, but deleted from iCloud. So, I had to upload them from the Mini to iCloud group by group, and I may have missed the RW files.
When RW recently went to GitHub, etc., I assumed my RW Book loss was from that. But it may have been leftover from the Mini setup. I will see if I can fix it.
Thanks.
Bill C

1 Like

Gina, I fixed the Books App issue. I re-downloaded the missing old books from the RW code I had on my Mac. They quickly showed up in Books App on all devices. Then, today I went to my RW Account page and downloaded the new Git Apprentice book - and this time it also opened in the Books App, just like before. I’m thinking this was all from setting up the Mac mini with Migration Assistant - probably something I did wrong. But fixed now! Thanks so much.

Glad to hear you were able to get it sorted out @billcod. Hope you enjoy the book(s) :smile:. Have a great day!

Best,
Gina