Beginning RxSwift - Part 1: Introduction | Ray Wenderlich Videos

Let's review what you will be learning in this course, beginning with a brief history of RxSwift.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/4743-beginning-rxswift/lessons/1

OMG! This course seems that is going to be really good, so excited, Thanks for your effort @scotteg :smiley:

1 Like

The playground don’t work, cannot get the Rx Framework to build in the playground, therefore, I get the following error. Tried all your suggestions, you have a whole section dedicated to helping get the Playground to work. This seems to be a fallacy as either Xcode is broken for these tutorials and you need to design better examples project that won’t fail, or I am somehow missing a step in the build process. I am a longtime iOS Dev and been using RxSwift in our production code for years, Why force Playgrounds with Cocoa Pods if you have to jump through a bunch of hoops for every example project? Playground execution failed:

error: Couldn’t lookup symbols:
__T07RxSwift14ObservableTypePAAE2ofAA0C0Cy1EQzGAHd_AA018ImmediateSchedulerD0_p9schedulertFZ
__T07RxSwift10ObservableCyxGAA0C4TypeAAWa
__T07RxSwift10ObservableCMa
_T07RxSwift14ObservableTypePAAE4fromAA0C0Cy1EQzGSayAHG_AA018ImmediateSchedulerD0_p9schedulertFZfA0
__T07RxSwift14ObservableTypePAAE4fromAA0C0Cy1EQzGSayAHG_AA018ImmediateSchedulerD0_p9schedulertFZ
_T07RxSwift14ObservableTypePAAE2ofAA0C0Cy1EQzGAHd_AA018ImmediateSchedulerD0_p9schedulertFZfA0
__T07RxSwift14ObservableTypePAAE4justAA0C0Cy1EQzGAHFZ

@scotteg Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

I solved the problem by adding these lines at the end of the Podfile and than running pod install again. It’a a known Cocoapods issue #7606.

post_install do |installer|
      installer.pods_project.build_configurations.each do |config|
          config.build_settings.delete('CODE_SIGNING_ALLOWED')
          config.build_settings.delete('CODE_SIGNING_REQUIRED')
      end
  end