AVD list not working after reopening Android Studio

Hi,
I was working through Chapter 2 and had to stop for a while. I closed Android Studio at that time and quit the android emulator. I had several AVD devices in my list and working with my beginning recipe app.
But then I reopen the Android Studio and tried to just run my app again to pick up from where I left off and I notice there are no AVDs in my list. I click on refresh and nothing. I had to add another AVD to get the list to display again. That seems odd to have to do.
After adding my new AVD, i selected it in the list and now I am getting the following error: ( I see it reference something like “built for Mac X 11.1” and that concerns me since i am running Mac OS 10.14.6" and only want to run a buld for the android not the iPhone.
Flutter doctor has all green check marks for everything except xcode, which I would expect.

“dyld: Symbol not found: _vmnet_shared_interface_name_key Referenced from: /Users/MMchrissidrow/Library/Android/sdk/emulator/qemu/darwin-x86_64/qemu-system-x86_64 (which was built for Mac OS X 11.1) Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/vmnet.framework/Versions/A/vmnet in /Users/MMchrissidrow/Library/Android/sdk/emulator/qemu/darwin-x86_64/qemu-system-x86_64”

I have searched this error but do not find any applicable solutions as far as I can tell.
Any suggestions about this error that has halted my studies?
Thanks!!!
Ginny C

This might be the reason Has anyone else had Problem with Android 3.1 Emulator - Stack Overflow

I tried the solution at the link but the it did not work. The solution said to download the emulator at the link, so I did and unzipped it. As it said, I replaced the emulator folder in my sdk folder with the unzipped one. But, when I went to choose devices and use the AVD manager, it said that there was NO emulator installed and asked if I wanted to install it and then wanted to ONLY install that same 30.9.5 that is the problem.
So there doesn’t seem a way to externally or internally from Android Studio to control the emulator version. That is disappointing since the version are tied to our OS.
Also, I have only been able to find links to emulator versions from these blogs. But it doesn’t seem like google has a repository that is clickable/searchable to find the one we need.
I will the AS SDK Tools window would allow us to select an emulator version.
So I am still stuck.
So frustrating…
Any other ideas are welcome…
Thanks!!!

I kept at this and I did seem to “fix” it. I am trying to go back and see what exactly was the trick that fixed it. It was not the info in that link as far as can tell. But I am thinking it has to do with “matching” up the OS version, AVD, and each device version used. Once I deleted a few AVDs that had 30, it worked.
Thank you though for inspiring me to keep digging.

@gncov101 glad you got it working!

So it was working just fine for another chapter. But now, after I closed the project and quit android Studio, then now reopened the project, all of my AVD devices are gone. The list is empty.
So, am I to expect that every time I use android studio I have to setup a device to emulate? I would hope not. If not, is there any reason they are not staying in the list?
Thanks,

If you get an error like “Intel virtualization technology (vt,vt-x) is not enabled”. Go to your BIOS settings and enable Hardware Virtualization. 3) Restart Android Studio and then try to start the AVD again.

Regards,
Will Joe