Add Cancel and Done bar button items and hook them up to the action methods in the Add Checklist scene

Add Cancel and Done bar button items and hook them up to the action methods in the Add Checklist scene. Page 358, Chapter 16.
Can some one help with this process, is this the control drag action from the new Cancel and Done button on the new controller to the yellow circle on this same View controller?

Edit: Oh you meant wiring them up to their @IBAction methods in AllListsViewController… yeah the author explained perfectly below.

This may help:

All Lists scene (AllListsViewController) is positioned over Add Checklist scene (ListDetailViewController) with Show segues named “AddChecklist” & “EditChecklist”

You want to control drag from Cancel right onto All Lists - the one titled Checklists. Do the same for Done.

Document Outline

For my particular version of the book, Connect the view Controllers was on page 364 - so let me know if this didn’t address your specific issue.

Hope this helps a bit!
-Rebecca

For reference :: screenshot of all TableViewControllers

As @h1i2j3 mentions, I can’t find any references to Add Cancel and Done bar button items on page 358. If you are using an ePub version of the book, do note that the page numbers will change depending on your reader settings. The best place to get accurate (and constant) page numbers is the PDF version of the book :slight_smile:

That said, if you are talking about page 361 with a title of “The Cancel and Done buttons”, followed by the actual connection of the outlets on page 363, then yes, you would notice that it says: “Add Cancel and Done bar button items and hook them up to the action methods in the Add Checklist scene.”

So yes, you are dragging from the button to the yellow circle on the same view controller :slight_smile: Generally, you hookup UI elements/events to an outlet on the same view controller.

Great, yes it does I was able to follow your instructions and it works now.

Thank you for your help

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.