Video Tutorial: Beginning Core Data Part 3: Relationships

Hi Greg, how do I go about ensuring each record in an entity is unique? Is this covered in any of the tutorials?

Thanks!

I agree. Iā€™m going through this tutorial but have found that even through I completed all of the code from the previous tutorial video, including the challenges, that I cannot use this as a starting point to follow along with this video, Part 3. When I compare my code with that from the ā€˜demo finishedā€™ code I find that there is a whole lot of new code in there that was never covered nor discussed during the tutorial.
My project runs, but selecting a cell in the main screen does nothing, it never segues over to the screen when I can view device name, type or owner.
Iā€™ve gone through file by file, line by line adding code from the ā€˜demo finishedā€™ project to mine, and yet my code still doesnā€™t work.
These omissions seriously diminish the usefulness of these utilities and I hope that this can be resolved for this series of tutorials.

Each video starts crystal clear then goes blurry a few minutes later. If I refresh the page, the blurry part is clear again, but goes blurry a few minutes later. I cannot see any settings for video quality. Please advise if others are facing the same issue and if there are any remedies. Thanks in advance.

Hi :slight_smile:
In challenge documentation thereā€™re an small issue:
thereā€™re no:
let sort = ā€¦

Instead there should be:
let sortDescriptor = ā€¦

Oh, and in challenge starter project thereā€™re no such a constant at all :wink:

Hi, scrolling the collectionView causes duplicate images. How can I solve this problem?

Iā€™m searching for the exampel codeā€¦

Iā€™ve found this VIDEO on Youtube and thought - OK there is an updated Version on RW. So I decidet to become a paidVideoMember. But now I recocgnized, that the updated Video is a complete other example. Who can help me? I tried to do all the stuff from the YouTube Video but I got crash a crash because my values are nilā€¦

@agenci Please check out the video courseā€™s updated version when you get a chance:

https://videos.raywenderlich.com/courses/98-beginning-core-data/lessons/1

I hope it helps. Thank you! :]