React Native Tutorial: Building Apps with JavaScript

React packager ready.

2016-10-28 01:22 node[12864] (FSEvents.framework) FSEventStreamStart: register_with_server: ERROR: f2d_register_rpc() => (null) (-22)
2016-10-28 01:22 node[12864] (FSEvents.framework) FSEventStreamStart: register_with_server: ERROR: f2d_register_rpc() => (null) (-22)
 ERROR  Error watching file for changes: EMFILE
{"code":"EMFILE","errno":"EMFILE","syscall":"Error watching file for changes:","filename":null}
Error: Error watching file for changes: EMFILE
    at exports._errnoException (util.js:1026:11)
    at FSEvent.FSWatcher._handle.onchange (fs.js:1406:11)

Hey guys, im following up to the first page rendering and the location button is not appearing! any idea why?

I fixed with this

<TouchableHighlight style={styles.button}
	      underlayColor='#99d9f4' onPress={this.onSearchPressed.bind(this)}>
	    <Text style={styles.buttonText}>Go</Text>
	  </TouchableHighlight>

</View>

<View style={styles.flowRight}>
	  <TouchableHighlight style={styles.button}
	      underlayColor='#99d9f4'>
	    <Text style={styles.buttonText}>Location</Text>
	  </TouchableHighlight>
	  </View>

Hi Everyone,
Please can anyone help me. I followed this tutorial up to second page i.e “Search result” page. But am developing application for android. when i click on the “Location” button again it will redirecting to the first page.

I couldn’t even get the ‘Hello World’ part to work, but instead got a red error screen in my simulator with an error element type is invalid message. After trying over and over to double check things, I eventually gave up. Since I cannot upload, I’ll paste here what I was using. I’m using Xcode Version 8.1 (8B62) on a MacBook Pro late 2015 running 10.12.1, and I had no trouble getting things setup with all the terminal commands, beforehand. Pitty.

‘use strict’;
var React = require(‘react’);
var ReactNative = require(‘react-native’);
var styles = ReactNative.StyleSheet.create({
text: {
color: ‘black’,
backgroundColor: ‘white’,
fontSize: 30,
margin: 80
}
});
class PropertyFinderApp extends React.Component {
render() {
return React.createElement(ReactNative.Text, {style: styles.text}, “Hello World!”);
}
}

ReactNative.AppRegistry.registerComponent(‘PropertyFinder’, function() { return
PropertyFinderApp });

Hi all!
I tried to run this application with:

• iOS 10.1 (14B72)
  • xcode 8.1
  • RN 0.34.1

and got this error rightaway (on a red screen in the emulator):

Unhandled JS Exception: Invariant Violation: Module name prefixes should’ve been stripped by the native side but wasn’t for RCTJSCExectuor

index.ios.bundle?platform
dev=true&minify=false:2138

Has anyone seen this before? Would appreciate any pointers as to what I am doing wrong.
Thanks

1 Like

Hi, I have the same error and I have no idea of what can I do to fix it.
If you find it, please let me know

Hi there.

Great tutorial. As an iOS/Xcode lover, I think it’s full of promises as it’s frustrating to develop everything again for Android.

I would have been interested in having more details bout this part of the code though:

constructor(props) {
super(props);
var dataSource = new ListView.DataSource(
{rowHasChanged: (r1, r2) => r1.lister_url !== r2.lister_url});
this.state = {
dataSource: dataSource.cloneWithRows(this.props.listings)
};
}

Hey man have you figured this out? I just hit the same problem you did. Any ideas on what we did wrong? All i did was copy and paste the code they gave us. So why isn’t the Location button showing up?

I got this error as well. It ended up just being a restart/rebuild fix. Try restarting react-native in the terminal. Then re-opening the app in x-code and rebuilding again.

Go to the folder where your app lives in the terminal and run this in the terminal command line interface:

react-native start

Then reopen the app’s X-Code project file in X-Code and rebuild.

That fixed this issue for me.

Fantastic tutorial. Thank you so much.

Love the tutorial, thank you for the efforts.
But when I re-visted the tutorial, I noticed that there is missing code in the snippets. Something changed

@tomelliott Could you kindly look at it
Thank you. :slight_smile:

@cgraffeo I removed flex from the style of the location button and it worked.

Thanks for the easy and quick introduction to React.I find it very useful.

Regards,
ReactJS Online Training

Thanks for this tutorial! It’s a great intro to React Native on iOS.

I had a couple of hiccups likely due to API changes, but I got it all working in the end.

Cheers.

Hi Tom. Thanks for sharing the easy and quick introduction to ReactJS with piece of codes and screen shots. I find it very useful.

Best Regards,
ReactJS Online Training in Hyderbad

How does the react work under the hood?
Same as nativescript, does it run on v8?

Cordova/Phonegap lets us build a mobile application without the native programming language; instead we can use a framework like jQuery Mobile. It will compile your app using the platform’s SDK and will be ready to install on the platform it supports including iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry and Web OS.

We can also create management application and Admin panel in Clicks without knowledge of programming and in 90% less time

This thread is for the tutorial’s older version. Please post your questions and issues regarding the tutorial’s current version over here from now on instead:

Thank you! :]