Background Modes Tutorial: Getting Started

Yep I’ve come to the same conclusion. Thanks. :+1:

Yes it does. Background Mode > Background fetch

And I only want it to keep calling URL while in background/suspended. I do not care about killed app

@cwagdev, I am trying to GPS Background Modes …Basically i have to send my lat and long to server every one hour when the app is killed or suspended. then whatever the data server send to me in the response i ll show to notification using local notification or u can say kind of reminder …this what i one to do …is it possible to make this

Clicking the link in the second sentence for “second revision” gets redirected back to this article.

It’s fairly obvious maybe (but not to someone totally new to iOS development) that in the section where it says you should specify your own development team, that you also have to change the bundle ID from com.razeware to something else. At least that was necessary for me, I got an error saying my developer ID could not be associated with that bundle ID.

Hi, Did you manage to do background fetch for React Native . If so can use your sample code ?

Hello friend , I have an app to send local notification to user every specified time say every 5 hours , is it a good way to use background fetch to increment notification time after sending last notification?

Why are you calling registerBackgroundTask after you run the task? Should you registering and ending the backgroundTask wrap the task you want?

Hi! Thanks a lot for the tutorial. Audio background works fine on all simulators with ios10 but absolutely not on on ios 11. Is it an issue that concern only the simulators ? If someone had a real iphone with ios 11, I would like to know if it’s working :slight_smile:

The location background does not work in the ios11 simaulator. (Despite setting NSLocationAlwaysAndWhenInUseUsageDescription and NSLocationAlwaysAndWhenInUseUsageDescription)
Who knows anyone?

This tutorial is more than six months old so questions regarding it are no longer supported for the moment. We will update it as soon as possible. Thank you! :]