Augmented Reality iOS Tutorial: Location Based

Thank you for the article, its been very helpful! As of now, the UIAccelerometer has been deprecated since iOS 5 so this logic will naturally have some kinks to it. How can this be done using the Core Motion library? Are there any other AR SDK’s you would recommend?

@sepehr The POIs are loaded inside locationManager:didUpdateLocations: and set in the success handler of loadPOIsForLocation: radius: successHandler: errorHandler:

It’s possible that there will be a Swift version in the near future :smirk:.

@eminem @jesselue updated the code maybe he can upload his changes here or to GitHub. I’m not aware of another lib that can be used for location based AR, but there is a Swift version of this lib on GitHub, unfortunately i don’t have the link right now. If i find it i’ll add it here.

Hi @jesselue can you please link a github repo with the updated code?

I have tried this code on iOS 10 and using an iPhone 6. It works great. I released an app using this code: https://ghosts.app.link.

Unfortunately, I just tested on an iPod Touch 5th generation with iOS 9.3.5 and there is a problem with the VR library. Does anyone have any suggestions or has anyone done any testing on iPod touches using this library? The problem I run into is the objects/markers don’t load in the FlipSideViewController.

Other than that, thanks a lot for this tutorial.

Andy
andy@greenrobot.com

Thanks for Submitting this tutorial. This Helps me Lot, while I was a beginner.
I know this might be a lot to say, but I want to thank a lot Community. For Starting this Tutorial.
If anyone here might be Thinking to Learn some New Things. This would be the Place to Learn some New Things.
Apart from this, I am a Developer Now At Game App Studio where I gained some of my Technical Skills and implement them to make a Start of a New Technological Wave. Before all of this, i was Learned so many skills From Game App Studio Campus. So if you want to make a Trendy Move in the Market Just Invest in yourself. and Make a trendy New Things now.

Hi friends.

I updated the project to the latest swift and xcode version some time ago. So far everything has been going flawlessly. Now I have the problem on the IPhone Pro Max 13 and 14 that all pois stick to the upper edge. I can’t find any reason for this. The sensor data looks ok. Does anyone have a groundbreaking idea what this could be :)?

Video of the Iphone Pro Max Bug