About the official tutorials category

@corrie Do you still have issues with this?

Hi, Iā€™m having a problem with the tutorial ā€œIntroduction to Unity: Getting Started 2/2ā€. Iā€™m doing everything just like told, but when I introduce the IonCannon script to the Spaceship object, and then play, the Spaceship just disappears from the Game screen when I hit the space bar (so, to be clear: the bullet also gets fired, but the Spaceship disappears and then returns to the original position). This is not what the Spaceship should be doing. Why is that? Thanks.

PS. I could not write this comment on the tutorial page, because ā€œit is closed for comments because it is older than 6 montsā€. Maybe not the better idea to close that?

PS2. Thank you for the tutorial, btw, it is a very nice and understandable tutorial. Iā€™m learning a lot, but Iā€™m stuck with that problemā€¦ maybe a scripting problem? I really donā€™t know because my knowledge of scripting is close to zero.

@francisalonso Do you still have issues with this?

Iā€™m new, been doing the Beginning C# tutorials, so far so good, with a few minor inconveniences, I came to the forum in order to ask for help with one of the challenges, specifically the one from video 18 https://www.raywenderlich.com/3247-beginning-c/lessons/18 I already re watched many times and made sure I perfectly typed everything and Iā€™m still not being able to make it work.

Iā€™d love to make an individual post but since Iā€™m new, I canā€™t create a new topic.

Those links from four years ago didnā€™t work, which probably wouldnā€™t help with my current question about frameworks, as I work through the Markup tutorial, on how to run iOS apps on MacOS.

I would start a new topic about it, but my ā€œNew Topicā€ button is grayed out, so this post will have to do.

@rgda91 @javelin Do you still have issues with this?

Hi n00b member here. I am an experienced developer but my swift knowledge has been cobbled together from youtube and stackoverflow so i decided to run through the basic learning paths from scratch to get the basics covered ā€˜properlyā€™.

Iā€™m currently on iOS and Swift UI for beginners pt4 - programming in swift fundamentals - i have just struggled a little with closures, not because i canā€™t follow and repeat, but because i am aware of some of the complexity lurking behind this topic.

iā€™m noticing that the course is starting to make reference to ā€˜my 2nd appā€™, assuming i have already done this, when actually it is the module after next - pt6 your 2nd ios and swiftui app.

Am I missing something here? Is the order on https://www.raywenderlich.com/ios/paths/learn correct? i.e. do i just keep blindly following the order set out on this page - is there any discussion / documentation covering this course that i am missing?

Just some feedback on the Learning Paths. I have been going through the iOS and Swift Learning Paths but a major annoyance happens when an update to a course happens. Recently, and in the past, if a tutorial or course is updated it completely wipes out all what Iā€™ve completed and resets all videos for that particular course to uncompleted, ie today, March 24, 2022, an update was made for SwiftUI Fundamentals to update using Swift 5.3 and Xcode 13, now all video tutorials show uncompleted. While I understand this is needed, is it not possible to just add a 'Summary of Changes" to the course at the bottom of each course instead of reseting all video tutorials??

The way it is now I would have to go through every single tutorial in the course to see what was updated or changed and this is very time consuming reviewing again the same material until the changes show up in the tutorials video content.

Or am I missing something here? Is there a place to see a sort of Summary of Changes for each course without having to redo the entire course?

Thanks and I look forward to your response.

Ken

@rwenderlich Can you (or another forum admin/moderator) please describe how to create a new post in the ā€˜Official Tutorialsā€™ forum?

Iā€™m taking an official video tutorial (3D Graphics with Metalā€“which Iā€™m thoroughly enjoying), and have discovered an issue with code shown in one episode (Xcode is giving me warnings that a particular command is deprecated, so I canā€™t build and run the code).

Iā€™d like to post about it in the ā€˜Official Tutorialsā€™ forum, however the ā€œNew Topicā€ button in that forum is disabled for me. Also, on the main page for the forums, there isnā€™t a category for ā€˜Official Tutorialsā€™ for me to add a topic to (neither in the drop-down menu, nor in the category search feature).

Thanks!